FSC® - 10 Good Reasons
1) An organisation can commission printing, using paper sourced from all types of forest, with a clear conscience when they see the FSC® logo. FSC® labelled products are made with consideration for people, wildlife and the environment.
2) The FSC® label guarantees that the trees that are harvested are replaced or allowed to regenerate naturally.
3) Parts of the forest are protected entirely, in order to protect rare animals and plants.
4) FSC® protects the rights of indigenous people to use the forest. If they have sacred sites in the forest these are exempt from felling.
5) The forest owner must use local workers to run the forest, and provide training, safety equipment and a decent salary. The forest owner is often obliged to support the community in other ways, such as through the development of schools.
6) FSC® is a market-based initiative which also ensures better conditions for the forest and the people whose livelihoods depend on it.
7) FSC® gives an assurance that future generations will be able to enjoy the benefits of the forest.
8) All the wood is tracked from the forest to the end publication. Every link between the forest and the end product is certified to make it clearly identifiable which paper is FSC® certified and which is not.
9) FSC® is the only paper certification scheme endorsed by the major environmental charities, including WWF, Friends of the Earth, Greenpeace and The Woodland Trust.
10) The FSC® label is not only available on printed material. It can also be found on floors, decking, wood, furniture, charcoal and kitchen utensils – actually anything made from wood!
Our FSC® boxes and other FSC® packaging is from certified sources and fully sustainable. FSC® certified products are available on request. FSC® License Code C004309.