ABC Packaging offers you the latest in die cut box technology
If you’re in need of a bespoke or irregular shaped box then die cutting is the solution for you. We’re experts at designing custom die cut packaging to suit our clients needs.
All of our cutting dies and counter plates are made by the skilful hands of experienced craftsmen, ensuring the accuracy of each die. In addition our state of the art machinery means even quicker turnaround times to our clients.
Benefits of a Die Cut Box
Ordering die cut packaging boxes means you can choose the exact shape of your packaging. We’ve already got a wide range of carton styles to choose from, and any can be made bespoke to your design. Designing boxes bespoke to your product ensures a snug fit. This reduces unnecessary movement and potential damage during transit. You can also add a range of features such as handles, locking tabs, folding lids, or crash lock bases. All our die cut cardboard boxes are easy to assemble, and 100% recyclable!
Die cut packaging is great for all kinds of packaging, from the food industry to the DIY sector. We can print your custom boxes with high quality designs and finishes to make it really stand out from the crowd. Custom packaging gives your product a professional feel. Enhancing the overall presentation makes a strong first impression on customers and can cultivate brand loyalty.
- Feeder or loader: Using suction heads or a push system, cardboard sheets are loaded from the pile to the machine in-feed.
- In-feed: Takes control of each individual sheet and registers it to the cutting tools using mechanical or dynamic registration.
- Platen section: This is the heart of the machine, bringing the cutting die and cutting plate together under pressure. Held between them, the sheet of cardboard may be die-cut, creased or embossed, depending on the application,
- Stripping section: Internal waste, and sometimes side and rear trim, is removed using an upper stripping tool, central stripping board, and, in some tooling arrangements, lower stripping pins,
- Blank separation section: Using universal or dedicated blanking tools this unit pushes individual cartons from the sheet, creating a pile of flat blanks ready for further processing or for transfer to the customer. A blank separation unit incorporates its own delivery unit.
- Delivery: On machines with no blank separation section, the delivery creates either a pile of full sheets or of blanks attached to each other by nicks. The front trim of the sheet may be removed at this stage.
By combining highly accurate registration with precise sheet control at each stage of the process, a flat bed die-cutter offers the ultimate in quality when cutting, creasing or embossing sheeted material.